Monday, October 14, 2013

New, Amazing Stitch 'n' Bitch!!

If you know me at all, you know that three of my favorite things are yarn, adult beverages, and circus performers. Have you any idea how blissfully happy I am on the somewhat rare occasions when I can combine all of these things in one convenient location?? Really, expansively, blissfully happy!! Well, this combination is happening tonight, at the Grace & Leavitt Tavern, 2157 W. Grace, in Chicago, at 7:00 pm! You see, my good friend Matt Roben, who is a circus performer, tends bar at Grace & Leavitt Tavern. His circus performer buddies tend to socialize there on Mondays, thus the circus performing and adult beverages.

Matt's wife, my good friend Emily Roben, is a brilliant crocheter and my partner in crime to the majority of the yarn events I attend, thus the yarn.

 Emily made that adorable necklace she's wearing in the picture, by the way.

In a Facebook post last Monday, Emily said that if you weren't at Grace & Leavitt Tavern, you couldn't possibly be having as much fun as she was having. Subsequent to that post, Emily and I decided that Grace & Leavitt Tavern needed a Monday night Stitch 'n' Bitch. And a future legend was born! So please grab your yarn bag, your embroidery hoop, your sketchpad, your juggling balls, your spinning plates -- whatever you've got -- and join us for the Very First Ever Grace & Leavitt Tavern Monday Night Stitch 'n' Bitch!!

And join the gang on Wednesday at 7:00 at R Public House, 1508 W. Jarvis, for our Underground Stitch 'n' Bitch!

And look for tomorrow's launch of my new blog, Craft-Tacular Art Spectacle.

And I Crochet in Bars will now be published on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.

That's the news for now. Til next time, as always, Peace, (radical) Love, and Yarn!! XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment