Saturday, January 21, 2012

Rogers Park Craft Show, or I Crochet in Hair Salons

Brothers and sisters, I apologize for my 9-day internet silence! I had trouble getting on Blogger last Thursday, last Sunday I was hanging with my mom and my caramel sister Mia all day, and I've been crazy busy with opera, band practice, and craft show preparations the rest of the week.

As mentioned in my last post, my friends Mary and Molly and I are planning a craft show to be held at Many Peoples Church, 1505 W. Morse Avenue, in the Rogers Park neighborhood of Chicago. We'll be hawking our wares on Saturday, 11 February, from 10:00 am til 2:00 pm. There will be toys and cards and jewelry and pillows and scarves and all sorts of handmade delights!! I think there's room available for vendors, so if you or anyone you know is interested in selling awesome crafts, please get in touch with me.

So craft show preparations are underway. In addition to helping with tasks such as finding vendors, communicating with others who use the space, and organizing logistics, I have to make sure I have some items to sell! So I've been working on baby hats and dishcloths to add to the inventory I already have. I just bought a new pattern book yesterday, so hopefully I can add some new projects to my bag of tricks. There's a shopping bag pattern that I'm absolutely in love with, as well as some adorable baby bibs and pacifier fobs. Delicious!

I got my hair colored and cut by the inimitable Patrick Fuller last Tuesday. I'm always delighted with his work, but this time he truly outdid himself! The color is rich and has tons of depth and the style is sophisticated and urban. When he showed me the finished product, I declared that I looked like Ms. Karen Walker! While my color was processing, he directed me to sit in the chair with the best lighting so I could crochet with ease as the color did its job. He did this so I'd mention him in my blog. It worked. Patrick Fuller, Master Stylist, Robert Jeffrey Salon, 3434 N. Halsted. Chicago, IL. 60657. 773.525.8800. If I could make it glitter, I would. He's awesome!!

In other news, my dear friend Paul had a brain aneurysm this past Sunday morning. He's in a coma, but beginning to show some improvement. Monday they will begin tests to see how much damage he's sustained. Please keep him in your prayers. And, as always, my friends, peace, love and yarn!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Sis,
    Caramel Sister here. I'm super excited about the craft fair. Will it be a cash-only event? You know how I am about carrying cash - it's plastic or nothing. LOL. Also, I may have to hit up Patrick about getting a haircut, he's done such a wonderful job on you!

    ReplyDelete