Monday, January 30, 2012

Shameless Self-Promotion!!

Last night I was at home, recovering from a particularly arduous meeting, when I received a text message alerting me that my friend John DiGilio had BURPed me. What in the world is a BURP, I asked myself as I popped a Godiva truffle in my mouth. It turns out that BURP is John's blog, "Bloggin' Up Rogers Park", and I am his most recent addition to Neighbors in the News!! What a nice surprise! John is a knitter who frequents the Evil Squirrel Knit Nights. I met him in December at the Craft War, and we ran into each other the next day and talked about ideas for future crafting events in Rogers Park. He's got some great ideas to make crafting accessible to our neigborhood. John's kind of awesome, and you should follow his blog. Not just because I'm in it. But I am. right here -- see?? (Yes, it's the same link as the one above -- I get a little childlike when I see my name in print!!) Thank you, John! It's nice to be recognized for doing cool stuff!

John also mentioned my band, the awesome Glory Chain, and our gig on Saturday, February 4, at 5:00 pm, at the Evil Squirrel Comic Book Shop. I'm really excited about this gig! We've got a lot of cool new material we've been working on, and we're helping Shawn King keep his doors open -- he's doing fabulous neighborhood outreach stuff and giving kids a safe place to hang out, which is invaluable in Rogers Park, and the economy has really cut into his profits, so we need to help him pay his rent! We'll be passing a hat at Saturday's gig, and we hope you'll all throw in some nice coin for Shawn and Evil Squirrel.

Also a reminder that next Saturday, February 11, 10:00 am -2:00 pm, Mary Wells, Molly Costello and I are hosting the Rogers Park Craft Show at 1505 W. Morse Avenue. There will be really cool stuff there, and you should bring wads of cash to buy it!!

That's all the news for now, dolls! I'll be back with another post on Thursday. Until then, as always, Peace, Love and Yarn!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for the kind words and awesome shout out!

    ReplyDelete