Tuesday, March 20, 2012

I'm Ba-ack!!

I can't believe I haven't blogged since the end of January!! But between the opera season, the band, and many, many crochet projects, I simply haven't had the time! Now opera season is winding down, so I make my triumphant return to the blogosphere.

During my radio silence, my non-sexual co life partner Matt Dans threw a very successful cupcake auction benefit for DQMO at our favorite spot, The Glenwood, and I was asked to crochet cupcake hats to auction off. As most of you know, when people ask me if I can crochet something out of the ordinary, my usual response is, "Of course I can!" So I did a little research and came up with my own design. I did a vanilla one with pink frosting

and a chocolate one with sprinkle frosting.







They were very popular, and the adorable guy who won the chocolate one (I never did catch his name) kept enthusiastically presenting me to his friends as the girl who made his hat. Adorable!!

The Thursday night Stitch 'n' Bitch is still going on. I've gotten some new members, which is nice! I put up new fliers that are getting some attention -- probably because I used this picture.


I'm going to keep going all summer because there's awesome stuff you can crochet during the summer, which I'll go into in more detail in Thursday's post. And yes, I am going back to two posts a week on my blog. Tuesdays and Thursdays will be the days that I post.

Glory Chain is playing at the Glenwood next Monday, March 26, at 7:00 as part of Lifeline Theatre's Music and Stories series. Come check us out!

That's all the news for now -- I gotta go vote!! As always, dolls, Peace, Love and Yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment