Thursday, March 29, 2012

Bistro Knits

My friend Lynn Lundgren invited me to join her Tuesday night from 7:00-9:00 at Mrs. Murphy & Sons Irish Bistro, at 3905 N. Lincoln Avenue, for their monthly knit night, Bistro Knits. It's a lovely group of gals, and they didn't shun me for crocheting -- on the contrary, they embraced me as one of their own, and two of the knitters even got up and stood behind me to watch me crochet because they want to learn. While I was there, I finished the turquoise shawl I was making for myself, and Sue, the benevolent hostess of Bistro Knits, announced that I'd finished my project and asked me to hold it up for the assembly to admire, at which time the lovely ladies clicked their knitting needles together repeatedly -- knitters' applause!! Do you love it?? I asked what I was to do if a knitter finished a project, being that I just have the one hook, and one of the girls generously suggested that I click my crochet hook on my scissors. Lovely!

Sue had four tables reserved on the left side of the pub area of the Bistro. Those tables quickly filled up. There were about a dozen ladies who attended the festivities Tuesday. There were pitchers of water and cups on the tables so the assembled could stay hydrated. Of course, if I'm crocheting in a bar, I must have a cocktail. And when in Dublin, do as the Dubliners, right? So I had a pint of Guinness. They have a nice menu, and I ordered the Fish and Chips, which are served with ramekins of malt vinegar, tartar sauce, and a delicious curry ketchup.

Everyone was very welcoming and friendly, and I'm definitely going to mark my calendar for May's Bistro Knits. I have to miss April's because I'm taking a figure drawing class -- I'm one of those creative types, don'tcha know!! But if you're available on the last Tuesday of the month, I suggest that you head on over to Mrs. Murphy's for Bistro Knits. You'll leave with a bunch of new friends!

As always, my angels, peace, love and yarn. I'll be back on Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment