Monday, January 4, 2016

Happy New Year!

Happy 2016, my darlings! I hope your holidays were filled with laughter and love. Mine most certainly were, and I'm looking forward to a brilliant, creative, and joyful new year.

Stitch 'n' Bitches are making a triumphant return in 2016! If you have a portable craft that you like to play at, please join us for crafting, socializing, and imbibement. You don't have to be a crocheter or a knitter -- we don't discriminate. We've had pen and ink artists, illustrators, bookbinders, quilters, cross-stitchers, and even loved ones who don't craft and just want to hang out! We'll be at Rogers Park Social, 6920 North Glenwood, this Thursday at 7:00. This will mark the return of our first and third Thursday at Social, second and fourth Thursday at R Public House, 1508 West Jarvis. For more information, join the Facebook group, Rogers Park Stitchers.

These fine establishments are also the homes of my Tipsy Craft Circus neighborhood craft markets. We'll be at R Public House in March and September, and at Rogers Park Social in June and November. If you or someone you love is an artist or crafter who wants to sell their wares in a fun and laid-back environment, please get in touch with me for details on those events. 

I'm working on some new projects and building inventory so I can take my Etsy store live again. It's been dormant for an embarrassingly long time, and it's time to make things happen in the online market arena. Here are a couple of my new items that I'll be selling on Etsy.
These are my harpist gloves. This yarn is so delicious and soft, and my best friend Sarah says they make her feel kinda tough when she wears them!!

This is the prototype of a coffee cozy I designed. I sold a bunch of these for Christmas gifts!! They were a very popular gift for teachers.

I'm also excited about learning some new stitches this year to up my crochet game. I was inspired by my dear friend Victoria to learn the primrose stitch, and it was life-changing! Now I want to learn more specialty stitches. And when I learn them, I'll share them with you.

That's about all the news for now. My goal is to publish two posts a week, on Mondays and Thursdays, so we'll see you back here on Thursday. Meanwhile, Peace, Love, and Yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment