Friday, May 18, 2012

Fond Farewell to Evil Squirrel

We found out last week that our dear friend, Shawn "Sparky Bobby" King, is closing the Evil Squirrel Comic Book Shop. If you browse my past blog posts, you'll see many mentions of Shawn and his shop. Shawn gave my band Glory Chain our first opportunity to play in front of people. He and crafter extraordinaire Rico Blance also gathered their group of knitters to go head-to-head with my group of stitchers for the holiday craft war to benefit Emmaus Ministries. Their team kicked my team's booty down Glenwood Avenue, by the bye! I arose in the pre-dawn hours (pre-Dawn-Marie hours too!!) to crochet with Rico and the other knitters when Shawn's shop was featured on WGN Morning News.

Shawn is a very special person and has given generously to the Rogers Park community, and I'm so sad that he's no longer able to support his physical shop. However, he has a magnificent online shop at http://www.evilsquirrelcomics.com/ and he is also offering a Nerd Delivery Service, where one of their "esteemed nerds" will deliver comic books right to your home!

Evil Squirrel is hosting a farewell party on Sunday, 10 June. The theme is, appropriately, Zombie Apocalypse, and Glory Chain will be part of the entertainment. Check my blog for further details.

Also, to  Shawn and Rico and all of your loyal knitters at the Evil Squirrel Knit Night, I hope you will all join us at the Glenwood on Thursdays from 7-9 for our Stitch 'n' Bitch!!

So that's the news for now, darlings! As always, Peace, Love and Yarn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment