Monday, May 20, 2013

A Little Something for Me

My coworker Michelle had her baby yesterday morning! Welcome to the world, Baby Chloe!! Both mama and baby are doing well. Both are going to look so adorable sunggled up in the purple baby blanket I made. 

I finished the blue blanket for Michelle's very pregnant twin sister on Friday night, thanks to a rousing pep rally from my "Oklahoma!" women's ensemble. The ring leaders for said pep rally were my girls from Cincy; Stephanie Park, Christine Smith, and Hannah Freeman. It's much easier to finish the final row of an extra-large baby blanked when I'm laughing uncontrollably at the antics of a roomful of singers and dancers at Lyric!


When I finish a big project like this, I like to make a little something for myself as a reward. I found this beautiful ruana wrap in a pattern book from Red Heart Yarn. 
I'm making it in Caron Simply Soft yarn in Grey Heather. 

I'm glad I decided to make something cozy for myself because I'm feeling a little sad about "Oklahoma!" closing. I got to work with such wonderful and talented people for eight shows a week. Some people I met for the first time and some were folks that I've known for some time and got to know better. And the music was beautiful! It never got old! It's difficult to say goodbye to that. 

So I'm making myself a little something snuggly that has some of that energy in it. It will be like getting a collective hug from all of those wonderful people. And how cute will I be all wrapped up in a soft grey ruana?

That's all the news for now. There's no Stitch 'n' Bitch at the Glenwood tonight because I'm dog-sitting out of town. I'll be back hosting next Monday. Until next time, my darlings, Peace, (Radical) Love and Yarn!

No comments:

Post a Comment