Monday, May 13, 2013

Love is All You Need

This blog post is neither about crocheting nor about bars. It's about love -- Radical Love. You see, I had an epiphany yesterday. I've been doing it wrong!! When someone's views are different than mine and her opinions hurt people I care about, I have a tendency to get angry and judgmental. I rail about how misguided she is -- how dare she not be as enlightened as I perceive myself to be? When, in actual fact, I'm merely the other side of the judgment coin. And please be aware, darlings, that my usage of the pronoun "she" is intended as a universal and gender-neutral pronoun here and throughout.

People hate what they fear, and they fear what they don't understand. And they don't understand what they're not exposed to. So I shouldn't judge.

I also shouldn't judge because Jesus said it's not my job -- that's His Father's job. My job, says Jesus in Matthew 22:37-40, is to love God with all my heart and to love my neighbor as myself. "All the other commandments and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments." This is corroborated in Luke 10:25-28.

Radical Love, darlings! This is our job! Someone disagrees with you? Love her. Someone hurts you? Love her. Someone hurts someone you love? This is the hardest one for me, but you know what I need to do?? LOVE HER!! That's my job. That's all! Simple! Of course, my Buddhist friends would remind me that simple isn't always easy. I can't think of anything Radical that's easy. But it's my job -- it's what I'm expected to do. And I'm moving toward embracing that job.

Okay, darlings, Aunt DM is off her soapbox. Tonight is my Stitch 'n' Bitch at the Glenwood. I'm altering my usual signoff ever so slightly today. Peace, Yarn and RADICAL LOVE!! XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment