Friday, March 28, 2014

Laryngitis

Darlings, I'm sorry this post is a day late. I've been feeling a little sorry for myself since I woke up Wednesday morning without a voice. If you know me, you know that sotto voce does not suit my lifestyle. I had to text in sick -- couldn't call; no voice -- to my Wednesday morning early childhood arts class. I had to cancel Wednesday night's Stitch ’n' Bitch at R Public House, even though I had promised to teach one of the servers to crochet. I had to back out of my Thursday afternoon session of helping to coach my music teacher friend Andy's after-school rock band. Worst of all, I couldn't call my mommy!! About all I could do was lie in bed with my loyal cat nurses, Roxie and Velma, drinking blueberry smoothies and watching Hulu. And not talking. At all.

On the upside -- because if you know me, you know there's always an upside -- I rekindled my love for Aaron Sorkin's late-90's series, Sports Night. The writing is divine. The ensemble is top-notch. The situations are still relevant sixteen years later. I just wish they hadn't had to employ that damnable laugh track! But it was how they did things back then. It would behoove everyone with Hulu or Netflix to dip into this series. I adore Aaron Sorkin!!

Yesterday afternoon I dragged myself out of bed, clothed myself for the out-of-doors, and slogged down to Belmont and Racine to spend some quality time at my favorite urban hideaway, Thousand Waves Spa. I had to steam away the germies that  imprisoned my voice, as though I were Arielle or Rusalka. And like Arielle and Rusalka, I had to get back to the Water! (At this point, I'm dropping the Rusalka simile -- she dies at the end!!) For a mere $20, Thousand Waves gives you three hours of unlimited hot tub, sauna, and steam room, along with relaxation room and tea! They supply the robes, towels, and slippers. It's always my goal to visit once a month. I usually make it once a fiscal quarter. Well, the waters and the steam did me right! I'm able to talk today! And I'm also able to blog from a happy place!

So that's the news for now. Have a great weekend! Create something -- ANYTHING -- this weekend!! And until next time, Peace, (Radical) Love, and Yarn!!

No comments:

Post a Comment