Monday, March 17, 2014

Spring Awakenings

Wow, it's been a very long time since I've posted a blog!! I've really been missing all of my friends in the blogosphere! I have it on good authority that, despite our wretchedly brutal Midwestern winter, spring IS coming, so I decided it was time to come out of hibernation and write.

This past Saturday I hosted the second installation of the Craft-Tacular Art Spectacle, the neighborhood craft market that I plan to hold quarterly.

It was bigger and better than the first one, and isn't that always the goal? This time we had it in the Glenwood bar. Colm Treacy generously welcomed us to take over his bar, Chad Luellen graciously managed to keep the takeover from being too hostile, and, along with Chad, hot geek Danny Flowers kept the drinks flowing.  In addition to designing yet another great poster, my very talented roommate, Sarah Bell, organized some awesome local musicians to play for us. Sarah and I even got up to sing ourselves!! This event has become an excuse to hang out with my friends under the guise of selling our wares. We've got the next one scheduled for June 14th at R Public House in Jarvis Square.

I've been thinking about going outside my comfort zone for the next craft market. I'm looking at lacy wraps and crocheted jewelry. What's that you say? You didn't know that jewelry could be crocheted?? Here are some pieces I found on Pinterest. I'm intrigued by this stuff!



I'm going to post again on Thursday and let you know my progress on crocheted jewelry. Mark your calendars for June 14th, and until next time, Peace, (Radical) Love, and Yarn!!


No comments:

Post a Comment